Posts Tagged ‘Budget’
» posted on Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 at 3:00 pm by madblog
This liberals that keep telling us that the Constitution is dead and no long in step with the times need to move. They need to move to the countries that they so long to make the US into. Quit comparing the US to the rest of the world and move. I say this because unlike most of the rest of the world’s governments, the US Constitution give us the freedoms that they don’t.
They let us raise or fall according to our own paths and choices!
Sure most of us won’t be the mega millionaires. Sure some of us will be on the bottom and fighting for every last penny. But if you send own up to your own mistakes and work hard you can raise up from where you started from. Part of that is to hold your elected official accountable. From the school board on up! Make them accountable for their actions and vote them out when they are not working for you.
Stop thinking that the government owes you a damn thing! Like President Kennedy said, “Ask not what your country and do for you, but what you can do for your country.” That meant that you should be the one that makes your government work to make the country a better place and not the government make your living conditions better by way of welfare, food stamps, and now healthcare. No it meant for your to use your freedoms to better your own life by making the government have a budget, keep taxes low, and protect us in the US before other countries.
But no the liberal leftist in the world, including the US want you to become the little puppy that looks towards the master to provide everything. From food to healthcare and etc, they want you to look towards them. The Constitution was not made for the government to provide everything because the founding fathers knew that true freedom comes from a people that controls the government and provides for themselves.
post a comment | filed under Fall of the Republic | tags: Budget, Choices, Damn Thing, Food Stamps, founding, Founding Fathers, Freedoms, Government Work, Liberals, little puppy, make, Millionaires, News Story, President Kennedy, Rest Of The World, step, True Freedom, Us Constitution, Welfare, work, World Governments
» posted on Thursday, September 30th, 2010 at 9:42 am by madblog
Yep the democrats are on the move… They wanted to get out of town and not cost themselves more problems both doing their actual jobs. So they rushed a stopgap budget to keeps the government running but does nothing to create a new budget. Funny how they know they can get the votes for passing laws when they want to but blame the republicans when their party members won’t vote straight with the Democratic party…
Those of you that still want to blame the Republicans… Shut Up! The current balance of power is completely Democrats right now. If they wanted to pass any and all laws the Republican couldn’t even keep and filibuster going if they wanted too.
No this leaving town is about Democrats that are losing their seats and they need the time to repair their campaigns before the November elections. They didn’t want to have people second guessing their votes on the budget, new laws, or even the ethics of two of their members. They are in a panic of losing the House and Senate. Nothing more or less.
post a comment | filed under Fall of the Republic | tags: Balance Of Power, Budget, Campaigns, Congress, Current, Democratic Party, Democrats, Elections, Ethics, Filibuster, Jobs, New Laws, News Story, party members, Punts, Republican, Republicans, Senate, stopgap, vote, Way, Way News
» posted on Monday, October 5th, 2009 at 8:11 am by madblog
Who is so surprised that California is in such a bad situation? Just a few years ago we signed petitions to get the former Governor Davis out of office for failing the state. So the masses voted in the Governator who promises to be a fiscal conservative, balance the budget, and to bring jobs back to the state… What happened?
Well let see, he didn’t lower the taxes to bring business back to the state, he didn’t balance the budget but added to the spending that Davis had, and he allowed farms in the middle of the state to fail. Oh, he also raised the entry fees to visit a state park here.
What he should have done to help ease the pain of the 8th largest economy in the world?
- Reduce taxes for both the people and businesses.
- Reducing taxes on the people would allow more money to be in the pockets in the pocket of those that earned it. As such they would have more money to spend.
- Reducing taxes on the businesses would be two fold.
- The businesses would not have as much overhead that they must pay out. As such that would help keep the businesses inside the state do to the lower cost to conduct business.
- This would give the businesses more money to hire more people and reduce the number of people looking for work.
- Reduce the cost of vehicle registration.
- This would allow people to afford their vehicle registration instead of placing a red tag in the window and put more money into their pockets.
- Stop charging people who own pick-ups commercial registration rates if they don’t have a business. Once again, more money into peoples’ pockets.
- Never should have increased the minimum wage at a time that businesses were leaving the state.
- Yes, it is nice to have a pay increase like this, but if that means your job can’t afford to keep you it does not help. By raising the minimum wage it acted like an additional tax on business and as such people loss their jobs.
- Reduce the gas tax.
- It would help reduce the cost of businesses to transport their goods to the market or to other businesses.
- It would reduce the cost of people to go to work, stores, and spend more on other businesses.
Now this is just some stuff off the top of my head that could have been changed to turn the state of California around. There are many more that I could probably list and invite my readers to add to the list in the comments.
post a comment | filed under California State | tags: Bad Situation, Budget, Commercial Registration, Economy, Gas Tax, Governator, Governor Davis, Job, Jobs, Minimum Wage, Money, News Story, Petitions, Pockets, Red Tag, Registration Rates, Ups, Vehicle Registration