Posts Tagged ‘Revolt’
» posted on Monday, October 5th, 2009 at 8:11 am by Jeremy Herrera
Who is so surprised that California is in such a bad situation? Just a few years ago we signed petitions to get the former Governor Davis out of office for failing the state. So the masses voted in the Governator who promises to be a fiscal conservative, balance the budget, and to bring jobs back to the state… What happened?
Well let see, he didn’t lower the taxes to bring business back to the state, he didn’t balance the budget but added to the spending that Davis had, and he allowed farms in the middle of the state to fail. Oh, he also raised the entry fees to visit a state park here.
What he should have done to help ease the pain of the 8th largest economy in the world?
- Reduce taxes for both the people and businesses.
- Reducing taxes on the people would allow more money to be in the pockets in the pocket of those that earned it. As such they would have more money to spend.
- Reducing taxes on the businesses would be two fold.
- The businesses would not have as much overhead that they must pay out. As such that would help keep the businesses inside the state do to the lower cost to conduct business.
- This would give the businesses more money to hire more people and reduce the number of people looking for work.
- Reduce the cost of vehicle registration.
- This would allow people to afford their vehicle registration instead of placing a red tag in the window and put more money into their pockets.
- Stop charging people who own pick-ups commercial registration rates if they don’t have a business. Once again, more money into peoples’ pockets.
- Never should have increased the minimum wage at a time that businesses were leaving the state.
- Yes, it is nice to have a pay increase like this, but if that means your job can’t afford to keep you it does not help. By raising the minimum wage it acted like an additional tax on business and as such people loss their jobs.
- Reduce the gas tax.
- It would help reduce the cost of businesses to transport their goods to the market or to other businesses.
- It would reduce the cost of people to go to work, stores, and spend more on other businesses.
Now this is just some stuff off the top of my head that could have been changed to turn the state of California around. There are many more that I could probably list and invite my readers to add to the list in the comments.
post a comment | filed under Border Control | tags: Bakersfield, Bullshit, Common Person, Education Dept, Gee, Government News, Great Man, Jovan, Jungles, Montana State, Mso, Notion, point, prayer, Revolt, right, voice, War Zones